The Global Thermal Scanners Market is expected to be valued at USD 6.80 Billion in 2027 from USD 3.60 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 7.0% through the forecast period. The escalating investment in the aerospace and defense sector by the government bodies and the growing focus on the research and development sector by the major manufacturers to develop advanced thermal scanners are propelling the market growth.
The increasing use of thermal scanners in the automotive sector and the rising penetration of these scanners for mass screening at crowded places such as airports to screen and identify COVID-19 patients are key elements supporting the market demand. The increasing advancements in the technologies, such as the integration of AI in thermal cameras, can potentially generate lucrative opportunities for the market in the projected timeframe. Moreover, the increasing collaborations and joint ventures are further adding traction to the market growth.
The pandemic has positively impacted the market growth owing to the augmented demand for the scanner from the healthcare and aviation sectors. Soaring demand for the panoramic thermal imaging system has been observed from the healthcare industry and aviation industry, with numerous nations compulsorily carrying out temperature checks in airports to control the mass spread of the infection. Such initiatives have contributed to the significant growth of the market and are projected to drive the market growth in the estimated timeframe.
Besides these sectors, the technology has been rapidly deployed in other workplaces such as the manufacturing industry, food preparation, medical equipment, and agriculture. The increasing demand from the sectors has primarily been to ensure the safety of the employees and the customers. The demand for thermal scanners has been noted from diverse sectors on account of precautionary measures due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/thermal-scanners-market
Key Highlights from Report:
- The shortwave infrared sub-segment is foreseen to register significant growth in the estimated timeframe, registering a CAGR of 8.4%. The development can be accredited to the numerous advantages of the system, such as compact size and the possibility of scanning through glass barriers. The increasing product launches by key manufacturers are also projected to contribute to the market growth.
- The uncooled sub-segment is predicted to be the fastest developing segment in the timeframe owing to the increasing benefits of the technology, such as cost-efficiency in comparison to cooled cameras. Uncooled cameras do not require expensive cryocoolers and have longer service lives which boosts their popularity amongst the users.
- The aerospace and defense sector accounted for the largest share of the industry, occupying nearly 25% in 2019. The outbreak of pandemic led to an augmented demand for thermal scanners at the airports, thereby contributing to the market growth. The growing investments in the defense industry by the government of various nations have further aided the development of the segment.
- The thermography sub-segment is foreseen to register the fastest growth, expanding at a CAGR of 8.2% through the timeframe. The pandemic has boosted the adoption and incorporation of thermal scanners at the airports to contain the mass spread of the infection, thereby contributing to the market growth.
- Major players in the industry include Axis Communications Ab, Thermoteknix Systems LTD Fluke Corporation, 3M (3M Scott) FLIR Systems, Inc., Opgal, Seek Thermal Inc., L3HARRIS TECHNOLOGIES, Inc., Optotherm, Inc., and Leonardo S.P.A.
- In 2019, Ametek Land introduced two novel short-wavelength radiometric infrared borescope imaging cameras, namely NIR-B-640 and NIR-B-2k. The cameras can be used in industrial furnace process control and monitoring which necessitates precision in the measurement of temperature.
- In 2020, FLIR Systems unveiled an innovative HD thermal imaging system that is highly efficient in screening and detecting criminal activities even in harsh weather conditions with advanced image processing and analytics services.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Global Thermal Scanner Market on the basis of wavelength, technology, application, end-user, and region:
Wavelength Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Long-Wave Infrared
- Mid-Wave Infrared
- Short-Wave Infrared
Technology Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
Application Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Search and Rescue
- Security Surveillance
End-user Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Aerospace Defense
- Healthcare Lifesciences
- Oil Gas
Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA